PROPERTY MANAGEMENT – LANDLORD INFORMATION
Why are we Different?
- We understand and respect the entire property management equation. Landlords and tenants receive attentive and dedicated service.
- A superior level of communication with our clients.
- Professional and high impact property marketing campaigns.
- Our attention to detail is second to none. It’s often the little things that matter.
- Our processes have been refined to make it easier for you to do business with us.
- We take great care to select the right tenant for the property.
- We communicate with you regularly keeping you fully informed on all important matters relating to the leasing and management of your property.
- We have highly effective systems to minimise rental arrears and maximise your rental return
Marketing your Property for Lease
- We will place a listing for your property on all real estate websites that we subscribe to and each listing will include at least four (4) photographic images of the property.
- We will conduct open for inspections and private viewings of your property as required until the property is leased (subject to access provided to us by any current occupant).
- We will keep you updated weekly on the status of your available property.
Leasing your Property
- We will advertise and lease your property for the rental amount agreed upon.
- All information and references provided by tenancy applicants will be verified by us (where possible) within three (3) working days of receipt and all tenancy applications will be screened on the REIWA National Tenancy Database (NTD) and Tenancy Information Centre of Australia (TICA) database.
- All potentially suitable tenancy applications will then be referred to you for a decision.
- We have a zero tolerance rent arrears policy.
- Should your tenant not respond to our arrears procedures, we will contact you seeking your instructions regarding the possible termination of the tenancy and keep you informaed throughout the legal process.
- Our monthly close-off will be during the last week of the month.
- Your monthly Rental Statement will be emailed to you on the day of our monthly close-off.
- All monies received by us (less outgoings) will be banked into your nominated bank account immediately after our monthly close-off.
- All agreed property outgoings will be paid on your behalf (subject to the availability of funds). In the event of insuffi cient funds, we will contact you for instructions.
- We will provide you with an accurate Annual Income and Expenditure Statement within 14 days of the end of the Financial Year (where requested).
Repairs and Maintenance
- All non-urgent repair requests from tenants will be responded to within two (2) workings days of receipt of request.
- Unless advised by you, we will not arrange for any repairs to your property without your knowledge and approval (unless the repair is defi ned as “urgent” under the Residential Tenancy Act).
- We will attend to any “urgent” repair requests within eight (8) hours of receipt wherever possible.
- We will only use appropriately licensed and insured tradespeople for any repairs or maintenance work to your property.
Property Condition Report
- We provide a comprehensive detailed report on the condition of your property prior to initial tenant occupancy and this report will be reviewed and updated for each tenancy.
- A full set of digital colour photographs is taken of the original condition of your property prior to each tenancy.
- We will carry out a periodic inspection after the first six weeks of all new tenancies and then quarterly thereafter.
- A report including digital photographs will be forwarded to you for each inspection, including any maintenance requirements and suggested improvements.
Tenancy Agreement Renewals
- We will review the tenancy agreement for your property 30 – 60 days prior to its expiry.
- We will advise you of our recommendations for reviewing the rent, taking into account the current market.
- We will contact you for your instructions regarding the renewal, including lease period and rent.
- You will be advised within two (2) working days if the tenant declines to renew their tenancy agreement.
On receipt of vacating notice we will:
- advise you by phone or email.
- confirm the details in writing to both you and the tenant.
- prepare all necessary vacating documentation.
- advertise the property on our website.
- as required, arrange access for viewings by prospective tenants.
After the tenant vacates the property we will:
- process the tenant’s rental bond refund within two (2) weeks.
- provide full details to both you and the tenant where deductions from the bond are necessary.
- update the property condition report ready for a new tenant.
- take updated photographs of the property.
- 9.00am – 5.00pm Monday to Friday
Wherever possible we will respond to:
- telephone messages within 4 hours.
- email within 24 hours.
- fax within 24 hours.
- All complaints will be dealt with in a professional manner.
- Complaints received in writing will be acknowledged within one (1) working day.
- All complaints will be formally recorded and responded to within two (2) working days.
- The Manager or the General Manager of Brown Murray, are always available to assist in complaint resolution.
- We will provide all documentation in clear and concise English and ensure that all documentation is accurate and complete.
- Copies of all documents that we sign on your behalf as agents will be forwarded to you (unless you instruct otherwise).
- All personal information will be held in the strictest confidence and will not be released to any third party without written authorisation (unless legally required by statutory authorities).
- The highest standards of honesty, integrity and professional practice will be conducted in compliance with the Code of Conduct of the Real Estate Institute of Western Australia.
- All staff receive continual professional development and training to ensure they remain at the forefront of their industry.
Renting Out of Your Property Click here
Important Information on Smoke Alarms Click here
FESA Fact sheet Click here
Important Information on Residual Current Devices (RCDs) Click here
Important Information on Minimum Security Standards Click here